Director of Data Science at Share Local Media
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:15 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
You’d lead and grow data science & data analysis at Share Local Media. As data lead you’d work with stakeholders across the business to ensure data and insights are appropriately integrated. Reporting to the CTO, you will partner with data engineers and data analysts to develop and manage the data roadmap & strategy. You’d be responsible for data best practices and play a critical role in building a data-driven culture and data competency throughout the entire organization
- Advise on our automated attribution models, variant, and lift methodology.
- Improve data modeling performance, insight and capabilities.
- Be responsible for overall data organization, acquisition, strategy, and compliance.
Leverage your deep technical skill set and analytical mind along with your desire to lead and nurture a growing team. You should be comfortable diving in to perform critical timely analysis as you are defining process, vision and assisting the team in delivery. Understand the importance of methodology and process to appropriately manage deliverables and work at the fast pace of our client accounts team.
- 5 years experience working with data or a related field
- 3+ experience as a people manager
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Proficient to coach team members in advanced analytics & statistics
- Experienced performing analysis on large data sets and building statistical models
- You have great communication and relationship building across the organization
- Expertise with relational databases in SQL as well as working knowledge of analytical programming language (e.g. Python or R)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Chart.io
- A working knowledge of cloud analytics environments such as AWS (Athena, Glue, RDS, S3...)
Read Full Job Description