Director of Data
- Define, architect and industrialize our data ETL infrastructure: pipelines, warehousing, schemas etc.
- Oversee and define data management and data catalog needs including master data management
- Lead a team of data engineers in the design of a cloud scale data ecosystem. This includes infrastructure, pipelines, warehousing, system integration, automation and tools selection
- Lead a small team of data scientists who support our product managers in product development.
- Lead a small team of data analysts producing business reports through Tableau for internal client dashboards, providing internal self-service data extracts, and supporting external client reports and dashboards
- Taking initiative to solve problems and create new insights, trends and products
- Masters degree in relevant field (Engineering, Computer Science etc) required. PhD a bonus.
- At least 6 years of experience as a data engineer or similar position
- Recent experience as a manager running a team, handling rapidly changing requirements in a dynamic setting establishing and using Agile methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience creating the data infrastructure technology roadmap for a data-centric organization
- Experience in the AWS stack (Redshift, Glue, EMR etc) - also Kafka, Spark, Snowflake etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experienced with hands-on development in Java
- Be a problem solver with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in developing probabilistic data models in Python using open source toolkits like Scikit-learn, Pandas etc.
- Familiarity with deployment of machine learning and deep learning products in production environments