We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
Grubhub is looking for a Director of Engineering - Data to build and lead all our data pipelines and event-driven data lake/mesh efforts. You will be heading multiple teams of passionate and skilled engineers responsible for building and owning event-driven streaming and batch data pipelines that process tens of terabytes of data daily and support all of the warehousing, analytics, machine learning and data science needs across the organization.
The Impact You Will Make
- Develop the vision and roadmap strategy to provide proactive solutions and enable stakeholders to extract insights and value from data.
- Raise engineering bar. Build high-quality data engineering teams and design the teams to scale.
- Work with strong engineering leaders across organizations and partner with them to create robust solutions to complex technical problems.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around engineering, building data pipelines and data products.
- Ability to dive deep into key business metrics and strategy and to help define our short- and long-term business objectives, matching them to technical goals
- Familiar with both modern data technologies and event-driven microservice architecture. Being a technologist and providing guidance to your teams and throughout the company.
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills. Partner with cross-functional peers and other stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of sql query, statistics, programming language: Python, Java or Scala. Experience with AWS, EMR, S3, Spark, Kafka, Streaming, Presto, Flink, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Neo4j, ElasticSearch, DataDog, Splunk, Databrick is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.