- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) and cross-department leaders to identify and execute on data-related product opportunities that deliver differentiated innovation to our customers and drive long term business growth
- Directly own and/or partner with the CTO and VP Engineering on major strategic initiatives relating to data products and services, and key operational processes such as recruiting, performance management, strategic planning, career pathing, L&D, etc.
- Build a strong competency in data engineering and data science at VTS that is supported by corresponding investment in new hires, education, processes, infrastructure, and tooling
- Foster a culture of excellence in data concerns across PED, including data science, data acquisition, data modeling, data quality, and product analytics
- Enable teams across VTS with access to high-quality insights that can inform product and business strategy
- Own relationships with vendors and partners who support our data product strategy
- Recruit, develop, and mentor a mix of new and seasoned engineering managers, technical leads, and engineers
- Ensure efficient agile delivery by reinforcing agile best practices, doubling down on what works well, and identifying areas for improvement.
What makes you a great fit?
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment requiring a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Proven track record of leading data engineering organizations that deliver customer-facing data products
- Passion for data and metrics-driven engineering leadership using frameworks such as DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA)
- Several years of experience coaching and supporting engineering managers and senior/staff engineers, ideally in a distributed team environment
- Capable of building effective partnerships with leaders in other disciplines, and representing engineering concerns in cross-functional contexts
- Sufficient technical expertise and maturity to add value to technical discussions and decision making
- Driven by solving customer needs through cross-functional partnership
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) products
- Experience in full-stack development (Ruby on Rails and React)
- Experience in early-stage product development
More about our team
- We have a 70+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA, grouped in outcome-oriented “houses”
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- We work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Python, Airflow, and Kafka
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS values & how we show it:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!