Director, Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineering
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
OnDeck’s Head of Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineering oversees and coordinates the design and ongoing running of OnDeck’s data warehouse, it’s critical data marts and various layers, as well a the centralized COE business intelligence team. You will be accountable for all data warehouse systems to ensure that all business objectives are met, including design, architecture, modelling, administration and usage facilitation. They are responsible for establishing and enforcing standards and ensure that the capture and integration of data from diverse sources results in useful analysis and access by end users. This position reports to the Chief Risk Officer, and works closely with the Head of Technology, as well as various stakeholders throughout various functions and geographies.
As the Director of Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineering at OnDeck on the Risk team, you will:
- Be accountable for all data warehouse systems to ensure that all business objectives are met, including design, architecture, modelling, administration and usage facilitation.
- Establish and enforce standards and ensure that the capture and integration of data from diverse sources results in useful analysis and access by end users.
- Report directly to the Chief Risk Officer, and work closely with the Head of Technology, as well as various stakeholders throughout various functions and geographies.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 10+ years of experience focused on data warehouse systems, databases and analytics
- Experience managing multiple teams with diverse technical skills and areas of focus
- Experience running complex and layered enterprise warehouses.
- Specific experience running on Snowflake and Postgres/Aurora
- Successful implementation running hybrid reporting solutions using flat and pre-aggregated, tool and power user driven
- Specific experience leading modelling efforts in financial services
- Experience integrating data with latest BI and statistical tools
- Strong management and leadership capability
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**