Director, Health Data Terminology at Crossix
Crossix is seeking an intellectually curious, adaptable, resourceful, and collaborative Director of Health Data Terminology to join our Health Data team. These are exciting times at Crossix as we grow our business and expand our product offerings to provide increasingly transformative insights to drive marketing decisions at the intersection of big data, health informatics, healthcare marketing and media!
What You’ll Do
The Director – Health Data Terminology Management will bring a deep understanding and experience in health data standards and terminology and help design, build and maintain a growing health data information library that supports Crossix data and analytic products. As part of the Health Data team, she/he/they will -
- Build an information library that supports current analytic products and tools while anticipating and planning for future innovative solutions and needs; domains may include payer, provider, pharmacy, hospitals and healthcare facilities, medications, diagnoses, procedures, labs tests and other clinical observations and tests, etc.
- Develop processes for regular updates and maintenance of information library including version control, documentation and training
- Identify and implement appropriate industry standard vocabularies and mappings
- Help design and develop a metadata system and infrastructure with an eye towards seamless integration with Crossix products
- Develop and implement processes to keep the terminology and mappings current; work with Data Engineering and Manufacturing teams to formulate and establish processes for regular maintenance, version control and dissemination of metadata to the relevant products and solutions
- Establish best practices for technical documentation on vocabularies and ontologies implemented and the associated models and processes
- Recruit, develop and manage team of analysts and/or subject matter experts towards accomplishing the objectives of the Terminology team
What You've Done
- 10+ years of experience working in health or clinical data terminology domain
- Direct experience in developing health terminology supporting analytics
- Experience in Life Sciences domain preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Degree in Health/Medical Informatics or related field
- 4-year college degree required
- Deep knowledge of various health data standards and vocabularies (NDC, NCPDP, ICD, CPT, SNOMED, RxNORM, LOINC, UMLS, etc.)
- Knowledge of EMR, healthcare billing and health data transmission standards (e.g. NCPDP, UB92, Form 1500, HL7, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of health data classifications and their application in commercial and clinical analytics
- Ability to think out of the box and provide creative solutions
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated organization, problem-solving and communication skills with a focus on attention to details
Note: this role may be located in either the NYC or Boston area.
About the Team – Crossix provides a collaborative work environment, with a supportive culture to help you achieve your professional goals, while making a meaningful impact on the Company’s future success. Our work enables healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, Crossix pinpoints the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Because we work in an emerging market, the leadership team fosters an environment where everyone can contribute and make a real difference to push the company and industry forward.
Culture – Our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We know that diverse teams create better ideas, which is why we foster an inclusive environment where employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and be their authentic selves at work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.