Director, Information Architecture (Data Engineering) at Peloton
Reporting to the VP, Data, you’ll be our first Information Architecture hire within our newly formed Data Engineering organization. You’ll lead the development and maintenance of the information and data architecture blueprints and be accountable for driving information architecture decisions in alignment with enterprise information and data architecture principles. You’ll collaborate with the IT Business Partner(s), Enterprise Architecture, and Business Unit stakeholders to develop and sustain the information strategy and target information architecture. You’ll also drive decisions on appropriate information and data integration architecture patterns. Lastly, you’ll partner with IT capability delivery teams to ensure adherence to Information Architecture principles, guidelines, and standards.
This is a people leadership role where you’ll lead a team of 3-5 data architects to achieve the information strategy and architecture objectives.Additional responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Working with the development team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Evaluating and reviewing existing systems for cross-compatibility, variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Implementing data strategies and developing physical data models.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Masters degree in computer science / information management or in a similar field, or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years of hands-on and leadership experience with physical and relational data modeling.
- 5 or more years experience with managing a team.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com