Director, Marketing and Sales Analytics (NYC or DC) | Noodle Partners
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at your gym of choice
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
This position can be based in New York or Washington, DC.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing Strategy and Analytics. Noodle Partners is looking for a rockstar to run our new marketing and sales analytics team, a group dedicated to utilizing a variety of tools and analytic methods to ensure that our university partners generate high quality students at scale. You are responsible for converting prospective students that the Demand Generation team has sourced, with the help of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and sales analytic techniques, designed to provide our enrollment advisors with the best possible chance of contacting and converting prospective students. You are an outstanding database marketer, who remains on the pulse of opportunities already existing in the pipeline in an effort to find every qualified student. You are the glue between our marketing automation and telephonic recruitment efforts, ensuring that the customer journey is as unified as possible across all platforms. You will come up with new channels and methods to reach our prospective students, because getting in front of them on a regular basis is essential to recruiting the best candidates for our university partners.
Ultimately, you utilize math and automation tools to guide the customer journey in an effortless fashion, 100% focused on student recruitment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You are a thought leader for marketing and sales best practices across the company with a significant amount of responsibility around hitting or exceeding our student recruitment goals.
- Manage a growing team of 3-5 employees, dedicated to servicing various constituencies within Noodle Partners, including email and SMS marketing and sales analytics and enablement.
- Responsible for the implementation and day-to-day management of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Responsible for building KPIs and experiments designed to measure and optimize the performance of our in-funnel marketing campaigns, ultimately increasing conversions throughout the student recruitment funnel.
- Responsible for building out a world class sales analytics team, that will work closely with our call center and enrollment leads to provide insights on:
- Who and when to contact prospective students.
- Which enrollment advisors are performing well and which ones need support through performance management.
- Operational improvements that could help lead to better performance.
- Short-term revenue optimization tactics designed to recruit additional students for upcoming cohorts.
- Forecasts for the upcoming cohorts in order to assess risks and opportunities throughout the Noodle Partners portfolio of programs.
- Experiments on staffing levels, schedules, and call cadence.
- The KPIs necessary to manage our enrollment advisors appropriately with a focus on increased student recruitment.
- You will work closely with marketing and enrollment leads to ensure that the needs of the university are met with all campaigns launched via marketing automation or telephonic recruiting.
- You will work with the sales analytics and business intelligence team to build world class dashboards for reporting your performance.
- You will design and report on experiments designed to increase the efficacy of our in-funnel marketing and recruitment efforts, ultimately presenting your findings to executive level stakeholders at Noodle Partners and to our university partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in marketing or sales automation, marketing or sales operations, or equivalent roles and responsibilities.
- At least two years experience utilizing a marketing automation suite like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo or the equivalent.
- Experience utilizing Tableau for building reports and visual analytics.
- MBA or quantitative master’s degree highly desired. You will be working with marketing budgets and advanced analytics, so the more training, the better.
- Expertise or certification in Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Progressive increase in management responsibility important, as you will be leading, managing, and developing a new team within Noodle Partners.
- Experience working in cross functional groups within a matrixed environment. You will be responsible for influencing the work done by other teams throughout Noodle Partners.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Experience leading experimental design in a marketing or sales environment a plus. This will be a major part of your responsibilities.
- A demonstrated familiarity with best practices in online marketing and customer journey building.
- The ability to build strong QA processes before turning on automated marketing campaigns. Emailing the correct individuals at the right time is an absolute imperative.
- A keen — unbreakable — attention to detail. You will be overseeing the in-funnel marketing campaigns for some of the world’s most recognizable and valuable brands. Ensuring that this trust is unbroken is a critical part of your success in this role.
- An understanding of SQL, R, or other querying/programing languages.
- Experience working with sales teams in a quantitative or sales enablement capacity. You will be critical to the success of our telephonic outreach strategies and tactics.
Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.