Director, Reporting & Analytics
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The Paxos Global Operations Team is looking for a Director of Reporting and Analytics. The company is growing quickly across all of our locations, and business units and we’re looking for a Director to join our expanding team. The Director will lead Reconciliations and Reporting globally across the Company's products and services, and directly engage with cross-functional stakeholders to build a strategic vision for metrics, reporting, and insights. This role will be key in helping the Company build an effective reporting infrastructure in a scalable manner across multiple products, jurisdictions, and with a focus on risk management. As the Company has grown rapidly in the past year expanding its products and services, being data-driven and providing transparency to senior stakeholders is crucial to quickly identifying and escalating risks. This role will allow us to launch new products and help the Company move forward with material partnerships.
This is an opportunity to help strategically shape a growing team that is working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Business Development, Marketing, Operations, Compliance and other teams in the business. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced leadership and solve interesting challenges. Plus the work that you do will have a significant impact on Paxos’s goals and bottom line. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company and help build from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Integrate and engage cross-product / cross-functional stakeholders to build a standard, unified, global Reconciliations and Reporting process including effective data workflows and processes
- Lead reporting for business operations across the Company
- Manage a high-performing team members and foster career / SME development
- Actively engage with the Recs / Reporting team and ensure a high degree of excellence in daily reporting with a "hands-on" management style
- Present business insights to senior stakeholders; use data to help drive short- and long-term decision-making through trend analyses
- Develop strategic roadmap for reporting automation and help manage implementations
- Work closely with the Head of Global Strategic Business Operations
- Ensure appropriate staffing and actively engage in talent acquisition efforts
What you need to have:
- 10-15 years experience with a focus on Reporting, Reconciliations and/or Metrics, preferably leading and managing a Reporting team in the Financial Services or Tech industry (start-up experience is a plus)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication / presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating scalable, repeatable processes
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to work in ambiguity, quickly pivot, and apply a proactive approach to Reconciliations and Reporting
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder engagement
- Analytical, global strategic mindset and experience working with multiple, disparate data sets (for both qualitative and quantitative analyses)
- Strong problem-solving and solutions skills largely based on product-driven solutions
- Ability to provide meaningful insights through ROI analyses
- Knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends
- Experience with re-engineering and technology initiatives
- Preferred: Proficiency in languages R, SQL
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team!
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ