Director of Research, FinTech
Passionate about following fintech, covering everything from payments and blockchain to robo-advisors? Smart enough to help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade (using data and not your gut)? Eloquent enough to package this into readable and understandable research content? If yes, keep reading. Key Responsibilities:
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the momentum of fintech companies as well as innovation by financial services incumbents. Lead a team of junior fintech analysts including handling research calendar for the team, assignment queues, leading webinar calendar, and delivering briefings
- Assist with custom client-directed research
- Understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top fintech areas including banking and payments, wealth management, insurance tech, and capital markets tech.
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in fintech
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- You should be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
- Writing experience a requirement – can be within the fields of market research, journalism, or consulting in retail, technology, or related area
- Expertise in fintech, tech-focused financial services consulting, or specific areas including payments or banking
- 7+ years leading a team and a research pipeline.
- Comfort in private and public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, and curiosity.Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!