Director, Sales Analytics at Yext
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking an experienced, data-obsessed leader to start the Sales Analytics team within the Sales Operations group. The Director, Sales Analytics will be responsible for growing a team of analysts, building out our analytics infrastructure and tool-set, and delivering strategic insights to the company. This individual will work cross functionality with Revenue, Finance, HR and IT. They must keep pace with changes to our GTM strategy and ensure our leaders have what they need to make data driven decisions.
You will lead and build the Sales Analytics function from the ground up, while defining official data assets associated with key sales metrics, ensuring that different groups do not use different results for the same metrics. You will also partner with the BI team to build out an Analytics infrastructure to integrate the tools and data-sources needed for reporting and analyses to scale with growth.
What You'll Do
- Become an expert on Yext’s sales operations, including all markets and channels
- Understand fully the Yext value proposition and our products
- Work closely with our Business Insights team to ensure solid data structure, integrations and overall data quality.
- Responsible for metric definition for all Sales owned metrics and source of truth reporting.
- Produce and manage insights library and provide monthly analysis to our executive team.
- Provide quarterly reporting and insights to our IR, FP&A and other finance functions to help drive our earnings call and board meeting materials.
- Enable super users within Sales Operations and other key functions to use Sales Analytics reports to further customize for channels/regions.
- Manage and grow a team of analysts.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education, with 8+ years of relevant professional experience in sales, marketing or digital product analytics
- Experience with data driven analysis, modeling, and data warehousing
- Strong communication skills. Comfortable speaking to an Executive audience.
- Optimistic and innovative with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across multiple departments
- Proven ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong execution skills with ability to drive projects to completion without significant supervision
- Can operate effectively through ambiguity and change
- Good working knowledge of software systems including Salesforce, Excel, Tableau, Looker, and/or other data visualization tools. SQL and experience with Redshift or similar data warehouse preferred.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.