Director - Strategy - Data Cloud at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:39 a.m. (EST) on Friday, July 2, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva Data Cloud is a family of data products aimed at bringing more innovative solutions and greater choice to the life sciences data market. Life sciences companies license our data to inform high-impact commercial initiatives, such as patient journey mapping, healthcare professional (HCP) targeting, and field force alignment. Veeva Data Cloud leverages software and cloud technology to develop and deliver better data, faster.
Veeva is looking for a dynamic Director to join its Data Cloud team, bringing entrepreneurial energy, passion for client engagement, and deep knowledge of pharmaceutical data & analytics. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva and will have significant responsibility for the commercial success of Data Cloud products. You will work closely with Account Executives to strategize on individual customer accounts and act as a subject-matter expert in customer conversations. This is an important role for the future success of the Data Cloud team and you will be expected to have a significant contribution to the commercial success of our products.
What You'll Do
- Engage with customers as an SME on Veeva Data Cloud. You will be expected to communicate our value proposition clearly, handle objections, and discuss how Data Cloud products can be used to support customer use cases
- Drive execution of the commercial strategy for Veeva Data Cloud products including mapping out key targets, partnering with Account Executives to map stakeholders and strategy for engaging, and leading customer meetings.
- Grow the Data Cloud business working with Enterprise and/or SMB accounts
- Provide input to the product team in support of new features and capabilities, including new areas of product growth, based on a deep understanding of business challenges and market dynamics in the space
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to ensure relevant marketing messaging, product positioning, and the success of our sales organization as it scales
What You've Done
- 8+ years experience in a professional services organization focused on the life sciences or healthcare industry as a subject-matter expert on health data as well as analytics-related use cases
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role or partnering with account executives during the sales cycle
- Strong track record listening for and translating customer needs into product innovation and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage all levels of client organizations
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and internal events in the future
- Displayed excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the competitive landscape in the market for commercial data in the life sciences industry
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.