Domain Expert, Energy (Finance)
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who can (1) monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals; (2) keep up-to-date on key financial news developments and assess the impact of real-time Dataminr signals; and (3) be the in-house expert on a specific sector or industry from a financial news perspective.
- 2-5 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Affairs, Finance, Business Administration, or related
- Passion for following the commodity markets
- Comprehensive understanding of geopolitics and how it intertwines with financial markets
- Ability to monitor, analyze, and verify data quickly
- Passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter), following financial markets, world news, and current events
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a real-time/breaking news environment
- Fluent or conversational in Arabic
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.