Engineering Manager - Data Engineering (Batch Compute)
What You'll Do
- Manage and build out the Batch Compute Team.
- Own the roadmap to deliver reliable and scalable batch infrastructure to various Engineering teams within Affirm.
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with Engineering teams across Affirm to understand batch infra needs and deliver on those needs.
- Mentor and guide other engineers towards overarching architecture goals, applying sound engineering principles and design philosophies.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing diverse, top engineering talent.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Strong management skills for planning and executing complex multi-team projects (3+ years of technical management).Data architecture experience.
- Experience with distributed systems, distributed data stores, data pipelines and other tools in the Hadoop and AWS ecosystems.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).Experience with developing and scaling of production systems.
- Strong understanding of computer security and data privacy.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.