Engineering Manager, Data Engineering at Teachers Pay Teachers
The Platform engineering teams are at the core of TpT Engineering. We build the infrastructure, services and tooling that power our rapidly growing TpT marketplace. In this role, you will be supporting and growing two teams that focus on internal users mostly outside of Engineering -- Data Engineering and Internal Tools.
As manager for Data Engineering, you will be growing and supporting that team’s scope and technical maturity, and driving their roadmap and philosophy. Data Engineering enables TpT’s Analytics, Product, Data Science, Marketing, and other teams to be data-driven by ensuring reliable, efficient, accurate, and curated data. At the same time you will be the founding manager for a new Internal Tools team, responsible for custom tools used by Product Managers, Sales and Operations teams, and other internal stakeholders who keep TpT running smoothly.
In this role you will:
- Lead, recruit, and manage software and data engineers from entry-level to expert level
- Provide expertise in data warehousing, systems integration, and rapid software development
- Support team members with architecture-level and code-level feedback
- Manage stakeholder relationships and dependencies, and working with technical leads on your teams to determine priorities and requirements
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- At least one year of engineering management experience leading high-performing, results-oriented teams
- Track record of successfully developing the careers of direct reports
- Comfortable with lean engineering and project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Expertise with modern data warehouse design patterns and tools
- Able to proactively identify ways in which to improve the quality, timeliness and reliability of data
- Experience with rapid application development and deployment, including continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business and engineering teams
- Strong ability to evaluate technical tradeoffs
- Well formed opinions on quality and maintainability of technical systems
- Interest in working in a fast paced tech and product oriented company
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.