WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for our Data Infrastructure team. The Data Infrastructure team builds and maintains a robust Kafka based event pipeline handling tens of billions of messages daily that our customers leverage to analyze user behavior in near real time.
You will help us architect, build and optimize new, massively scaled data processing solutions. You will both manage the team and do some hands-on software development. For that, you will participate in architecture planning, pull request reviews, and recruiting. Additionally, you’ll optimize processes for the team’s success, facilitate discourse, support engineers’ growth, and work with the team’s product manager to keep team efforts on target for product goals. You will ensure that your engineers are successful in their tasks and also enjoy their work!
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success, with 2+ years managing high performing teams
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with Kafka and Java for the core work
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Experience with Confluent, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, Ruby, Python, Redis, Snowflake, microservice architecture, or other distributed messaging/queuing systems could all be beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.