Engineering Manager, Data Infrastructure
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for our Data Infrastructure team. The Data Infrastructure team builds and maintains a robust Kafka-based event pipeline handling tens of billions of messages daily that our customers leverage to analyze user behavior in near real time.
You will help us architect, build and optimize new, massively scaled data processing solutions. You will both manage the team and do some hands-on software development. For that, you will participate in architecture planning, pull request reviews, and recruiting. Additionally, you’ll optimize processes for the team’s success, facilitate discourse, support engineers’ growth, and work with the team’s product manager to keep team efforts on target for product goals. You will ensure that your engineers are successful in their tasks and also enjoy their work!
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with Kafka and Java for the core work
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Experience with Confluent, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, Ruby, Python, Redis, Snowflake, microservice architecture, or other distributed messaging/queuing systems could all be beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.