Engineering Manager, Data at Squarespace
Squarespace’s Data Group is responsible for writing and maintaining software that ensures end-to-end delivery of reliable, timely data, and using it to empower decision makers across the company. This data is depended on by product managers, marketers, customer support advisors, engineers, analysts, Data Scientists and executives across Squarespace.
As Engineering Manager, you will oversee teams of engineers to shorten the time from idea to measurement, improve data quality, and enhance representation of user journeys in our internal datastores, tooling, and A/B tests across Squarespace products. You will be part of a team where constant learning and team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
This role reports to our Senior Data Engineering Manager.
- Set the direction for our data platform, defining the interfaces that teams will interact to create, transform, and access data
- Guide a technical roadmap for event ingestion and usage, and set priorities for work
- Build and refine processes to make implementations faster, simpler, and less error-prone for product engineers
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- Set uptime goals for our event pipeline services and primary data warehouses, maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Regular feedback on your reports’ career growth, and working with them to identify areas for learning and growth through project work, external resources, or additional mentoring
- Experience with building and maintaining data services with high uptime requirements
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, and distributed systems. Our platform is ever evolving, but currently is a combination of Python, Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, and Mongo
- Experience leading a team of engineers preferred
- 3+ years experience leading teams developing data-intensive software to support analytics and statistical analysis.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.