Enterprise Data Architect
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is at the forefront of a digital and data transformation that will revolutionize the way the world understands and treats cancer. We are looking for an accomplished enterprise data architect with a deep understanding of modern data architecture concepts and technologies to help lead this journey.
The Enterprise Data Group at MSK has developed and maintains one of the most robust oncology data ecosystems in all of healthcare. The integration of clinical, genomic, operational, and financial datasets has led to countless insights, but we are just beginning to capture the full value of our unstructured notes and images by way of AI and machine learning. If you are passionate about data and building innovative, collaborative solutions that will help transform the rapidly-evolving field of oncology, we have an opportunity for you!
- Build a future state of the art architecture that will empower day-to-day operations, and the MSK research and scientific community.
- Provide data management vision by building data models, diagrams, architecture topologies, roadmaps, and plans for implementation and rollout of new technologies into existing and future architectures.
- Develop robust, scalable, resilient, and secure data architecture solutions that enrich and protect institutional data assets.
- Work closely with the Data Governance Office to ensure that a proposed data architecture solution fully supports data governance-related requirements and are coordinated the platforms.
- Collaborate with senior IT and hospital leadership to gather enterprise data requirements in order to implement and communicate complex technical solutions across varying disciplines.
- Be a strong communicator, open to new ideas and implementing technologies, and flexible in high pressured environments.
- Feel comfortable working with large teams including high level executives and be a contributor in a collaborative organization.
- End-to-end data management and architecture experience including complexities of a large enterprise data architecture framework
- Solid grasp of modern technologies and integration architecture disciplines such as hybrid cloud, API’s, streaming technologies, event-driven systems, self-service data platforms and analytics/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Experience in cloud based data management solutions: AWS/Redshift, Google/BigQuery, MS Azure, Snowflake, IBM Cloud Pak
- Demonstrated the ability to understand and distill knowledge of emerging technologies, as well as conduct proof-of-concepts of well-established and innovative enterprise software tools
- Experience with design, conceptual, logical, physical, strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and columnar databases
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and a strong proficiency in the prioritization and implementation of objectives and key results
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.