Finance, Business Insights & Analytics at Squarespace
The Squarespace Finance Team is responsible for Financial Planning, Accounting, and Analysis of the company’s financial performance. We are looking for a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst to provide support to all of the finance team.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in varying business initiatives and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive data driven decisions and impact. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to work in a new area of a business helping to shape its success. You will be supporting the FP&A and accounting teams to answer complex, data driven questions related to the companies financial and operational performance as well as data used to record bookings and revenue.
We expect you to be a proactive member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job and grow along with the company.
This role reports into the Director, FP&A in our New York headquarters..
- Financial modeling of SaaS and subscription-based product and platform
- Help support the finance team in answering complex ad hoc questions
- Collaborate with FP&A to proactively identify business patterns through quantitative data analysis
- Collaborate with Accounting to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of data supporting revenue recognition and other key accounting processes
- Collaborate closely with the FP&A and Analytics team to understand best company reporting standards on KPIs
- Learn and understand how our data is organized and how best to keep data integrity
- Previous experience with financial modeling and forecasting of SaaS based products
- 5 - 7 years experience in or supporting a Finance, Business Operations, Sales Support Operations, or relevant operational support roles
- Experience working with complex datasets to evaluate business and financial performance.
- Basic knowledge of key FP&A and Accounting processes
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas.
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion. Python knowledge preferred.
- Ability to transform large datasets into consumable data analysis and insights.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
- Ability to drive impact by thoughtfully tackling open-ended problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 950 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.