Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. The Formulation Scientist will focus on providing scientific expertise and knowledge to our cross-functional Over the Counter Product Development team. As a member of this team, you will work closely with Strategy, Marketing, Growth, Brand Design as a representative of the Clinical team to determine the new and innovative OTC treatments. You will report to the SVP of Medical Affairs and Research.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re passionate about product formulations and obsessed with developing products of the highest safety and quality. You have incredible attention to detail and a strong background using your scientific knowledge and expertise to make strategic decisions. You are a self-starter. You are a problem solver. You are not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You're great at cooperating with team members from different areas of the business and you thrive in forward thinking situations. You’re flexible, creative, and solutions-oriented especially when working on a team. You are an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating complex scientific concepts and information into lay-friendly terms and ideas.
At Ro, you will be integral to building products that help individuals become a healthier version of themselves.
What You'll Do:
- Provide scientific expertise on our OTC Product Development squad responsible for research, developing and launching new formulations for OTC products:
- Investigate and translate research results and scientific data into engaging narratives to support expansion efforts
- Develop formulations for OTC products such as topical creams, serums, shampoos
- Work closely with Strategy and Clinical team to identify new areas and conditions for expansion of offerings on Ro platform with strong product/market fit
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies and procedures with regards to marketing OTC products
- Attend Scientific meetings and conferences to network with KOLs, identify areas for new product expansion and stay up to date on research and best practices
What You Bring:
- PhD or Masters (with relevant experience) in one of the following or related fields: Pharmacology, Medical Pharmacology, Biomedical engineering, Chemistry, Materials science and engineering or Polymer Science
- Experience managing and developing innovative products in skin, hair or nail care or health/wellness
- Experience managing formulation from concept to launch
- Ability to work well with external vendors
- Possess strong understanding of required product testing and QA practices
- Strong ability and enthusiasm for contributing to cross-functional teams with non-scientific backgrounds
- Ability to create slide decks and graphs to visually represent complex information
- Ability to translate complex scientific concepts and jargon into easy to understand language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen understanding and eye for quality and patient preferences, especially in relation to product development
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- Experience in product formulation or product expansion in Dermatology, Women’s Health, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Men’s Health or Health/Wellness (vitamins, supplements)
- Digital health experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Gym benefits
- Parental leave policy
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance paid
- Life insurance policy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description