Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Business Partner to join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team that will focus on supporting our Research and Development (R&D) teams, which includes Engineering, Product, Security and IT Ops. As a Business Partner you will interface with our R&D leadership to support them in all things Finance-related including financial planning, expense and efficiencies management, strategic finance, investment analysis, KPIs and general analysis. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing technology hardware + software company during a pivotal stage of growth as we recently IPO’d in Q2 2021.
- Support the R&D business with all Finance-related activities providing process, intelligence, organization and business acumen
- Provide medium and long-term strategic financial leadership to the Product teams
- Manage the annual and quarterly financial planning process for the R&D departments
- Manage the monthly/quarterly reporting process for the R&D departments including Budget vs Actuals analysis
- Collaborate with R&D leadership on strategic decisions, arming them with financial data to support the best decision
- Partner with Engineering and Product leadership to develop metrics to measure success
- Interpret the Product Roadmap with a financial lens and ensure a strong financial plan exists to support the Product Roadmap
- Analyze the SaaS tools stack and continually drive efficiencies where possible
- Create project based budgets and track progress
- Contribute to production of materials presented to the Board of Directors
- 5+ years experience working in a business partnership role in FP&A, preferably one that interfaces with an R&D business function
- Extensive financial modeling and analysis experience
- Proven track record for building trusting relationships with business partners
- Strong knowledge of the various aspects of operating outside of the United States is preferred
- Ability to “do-it-all” from crunching numbers to interfacing with leadership to idea generation
- Ability to understand complex issues and communicate in a simplified manner
- Ability to project plan and be able to think comprehensively about a project to ensure production of a complete plan
- Experience in our enterprise tech stack is a plus: Workday Adaptive Planning, NetSuite, Looker
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice