At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
The Data Operations team is responsible for surfacing useful insights from the terabytes of data we amass every day. We value ethics, experimentation, efficiency, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for someone who will compliment the team to innovate without regard to conventions, accelerate us through new tooling, and deliver quality data intelligence to our internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Identify impactful detection leads that increase velocity from time of threat identification to implementation of detection/blocking in White Ops products
- Deploy stop-gap defenses for emerging threats through the development of analyses, models, algorithms, and dashboards
- Create complex queries and reports to analyze historical data, including the use of techniques such as: subqueries, temp tables, complex joins, variables
- Lead the design and architecture of data models and dashboards used to present key information to detection and customer success teams
- Triage customer and internal inquiries about fraud efficacy by acting as first line of analysis
- Implement best practices and tooling that will improve the time to understand a new detection lead and process it
- Assist in research for case studies and white papers on fraud patterns
- Create detailed documentation of models, algorithms, and analyses to create transparency and auditability of work
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and leaner; you hold yourself accountable for the quality and accuracy of your work
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation and application of emerging technologies
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with other team members on data projects and cross-departmentally across the rest of White Ops
- You are communicative and go out of your way to support your team
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with multi TB to PB data sets in cloud databases
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience improving processes and implementing tooling to accelerate analysis
- Python experience or exposure preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.