Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Reporting to the Director of Fraud and Analytics, the Fraud Specialist will be responsible for investigating, reviewing, and identifying suspicious and fraudulent activity on all Stash platforms. If you're detail-oriented and love the challenge of finding the needle in the stack of needles -- Stash is looking for you!
What you’ll do:
- Investigate cases escalated to Fraud by Customer Service, Operations, and Product groups
- Review transaction/account history on suspicious accounts and take appropriate actions based on patterns or anomalies
- As the frontline in identifying new fraud trends, document and educate other teams as new threats surface
- Bring operational experience and patterns observed during reviewing Stash accounts to bear along with the Director of Fraud and Analytics and the Data Science team to assist in the creation of new fraud rules
- Liaise with Customer Experience team to act as the subject matter expert for fraud operations
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (i.e. Customer Support, AML, etc.) to understand threats to inform fraud strategy
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience in banking, consumer finance or similar industry
- Payments, banking, or credit card fraud detection experience
- Experience with fraud tools used for identity and verification, authentication, device authentication
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- CFE or CAMS certification a plus
- Experience using case management tools/customer service experience a plus