Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Global Inventory Control Specialist supports an ongoing world-class supply chain management team. The role ensures that we have the right parts stored correctly in the right place to ensure optimal performance in support of our customers. This particular role will be responsible for maintaining correct stock levels at our warehouses and data centers and works alongside our logistics, procurement and data center operations teams. High attention to detail is required and exceptional collaboration and communication skills. The ability to prioritize based on ever-changing requirements is essential.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Role is to support our global inventory stock management of ancillary equipment at our 14 data centers:
- Develop & conduct cycle count inventory processes to ensure accuracy and timely execution
- Coordinate inventory checks in all twelve data centers leveraging DC engineering and remote hands
- Organizes and maintains warehouse and inventory areas for efficient material storage and handling
- Maintains labeling system on each stock item
- Provide receiving team with supporting paperwork (packing slips) and count confirmations
- Partner with Data Center technicians to consolidate and prepare outbound shipments
- Assist in weekly component inventory counts and initiate re-orders per guidance
- Perform regular visits to warehouse to check inventory
- Exercise judgement to balance introducing process and becoming a bottleneck
- Resourceful and adaptable in a rapidly growing environment
- Readiness to deal with the changing landscape/scope of work as issues arise
- Experience working in a warehouse environment a plus
- Absolute meticulous attention to detail and a deep desire to keep tip top records
- Exposure to—or interest in—cloud services, data center, networking and various types of server technology would be a plus
- As we grow; the ability to travel both nationally and internationally to our data centers as requested
- Experience with infrastructure equipment; deep knowledge of Excel; familiarity with SQL as well as inventory management and discovery tools
- A fun and engaging personality that gets along with people of all backgrounds, cultures and customs
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health and a monthly internet bill reimbursement and remote workstation program to make working from home as easy and comfortable as possible.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!