Head of Business Strategy, Organizer Success
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our NYC team is seeking a Head of Business Strategy to help shape the vision, strategy and execution for organizer success across Meetup. We’re looking for a customer-focused, data-driven individual who is passionate about the organizer experience for our 205 thousand organizers. You will play a pivotal role in creating a world class experience for Meetup users, one that sparks explosive growth in our engagement metrics.
Driving organizer engagement is critical to the health of our entire business. The deeper that organizers engage in Meetup (by creating groups, hosting events and building a network of organizers) the more value we are providing to our Meetup community. We can only build a great business if we are driving significant value on both the demand and supply side. High quality supply from our organizers drives higher demand from members attending Meetups.
This role will report directly into the VP of Organizer Success and collaborate closely with product squads (product, design and engineering). It will be responsible for surfacing relevant data insights and building out operational excellence for a growing team within the organization.
As Head of Business Strategy focused on Organizer Success, you will:
- Architect analysis to support the immediate and long-term business decisions related to new product features, growth strategies, and business models
- Evaluate proprietary and third party data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, and risks and recommend actionable processes and tactics
- Proven success providing analytical support for customer retention and churn mitigation tactics
- Lead discussions on business metrics, asking teams key questions with a focus on moving the needle and improving results
- Assist in marketing strategy for retention goals and ROI assessment on any third-party partnerships
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for the business unit and track team productivity
- Foster relationships with senior stakeholders on other teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Be self-sufficient in pulling and analyzing data, effectively communicating key trends, insights and conclusions to leadership
- Support reporting activities including stakeholder dashboards and ongoing daily, weekly, monthly reporting routines
You’re our ideal teammate if you have:
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative or business-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience working in analytical roles in business strategy, business intelligence, data analytics, or business operations
- Experience with subscription-based businesses a must
- Advanced experience with SQL (test included as part of the interview)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret complex data and identify trends to optimize performance and inform future strategies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and ability to influence and motivate team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a make-it-work attitude
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?