Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Head of Data Science role a senior executive position, reporting directly to the CEO of Haven Technologies. You will serve as part of the leadership team, setting the strategy for the growing Haven Life DTC organization. You will be responsible for building and directing all facets of data science while serving as a thought partner across the organization – challenging thinking and existing paradigms and assumptions, while also supporting other functions with partnership and analytical insights to ultimately drive innovation and value creation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Identify opportunities across marketing and product to apply data science while creating economic differentiation via automation and data driven efficiency
- Continuously rebalance product / service features which maximize value to focus on the highest returning initiatives
- Work closely with MassMutual data science teams to best utilize existing data and data models to efficiently and effectively drive Haven Life growth
- Develop, own, and apply Haven Life statistical models to predict behaviors and deliver efficiencies gains
- Effectively prioritize data science initiatives, ensure appropriate resourcing and deliver on initiatives on time with high quality and applicable data models
- Build and lead Haven Life's DTC data science team, building out the team to support innovation and growth
- Attract and retain world-class engineering and data science teams; cultivate a high-performing, innovative, one-team culture
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Deep experience leading data science team in innovative insurance categories or other regulated industry (FI, health insurance, P&C)
- Deep understanding of life insurance products/industry
- Successfully built personalization engines and data platforms to drive personalized end to end customer experience, with clear output/impact on acquisition and efficiency gains
- Experience building multi-disciplinary DS teams from the ground up, identifying talent needs to meet deliverables.
- Experience scaling a team from early stage start up to enterprise
- Experience defining strategy, goals, and KPIs for DS teams as part of larger organization strategy
- Proven ability to navigate complex stakeholder across all levels of an organization, including board and c-suite
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.