Location: Saturn has always been a fully-remote company, candidates in North and South America are welcome to apply
We support Visa Sponsorship for all of our roles
Saturn Cloud helps companies perform data science at a new level of scale. Our product is a SaaS platform which automates away most of the infrastructure and DevOps work needed to scale PyData code with Dask. The platform is user-friendly, scalable and secure. We want to make parallelization and cluster computing for machine learning available to any data scientist who needs it.
You will be a the Head of Data Science for Saturn Cloud. Data scientists here are similar to “solutions architects” at other companies. As the Head of Data Science at Saturn Cloud, you’ll manage a team of data scientists who are splitting their time between customer-facing applied ML projects, educational work (tutorials, blog posts, conference talks), and open source contributions. We want you to build a high performing, flexible, cohesive team with excellent morale and retention.
You’ll also be a key contributor to the strategic direction of the product and the company. You’ll answer strategic questions like “should we make the Dask + Tensorflow experience better, or go all in on PyTorch?” and “should we build a model monitoring tool, or focus on integrating with others?” and “how do we make GPU computing more accessible to the average data scientist?”.
- Build and manage a growing team of data scientists
- Represent Saturn Cloud to the open source and machine learning communities
- Directly influence the roadmap for product features to support the data science practice
- Interface with customers to help them succeed with the platform
- Bring data science technical expertise to business/strategic conversations
- Develop a strong data science culture in which excellence is prioritized and business goals are met
- Experience leading data scientists in a professional setting
- Experience applying data science and machine learning to business problems
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with customer-facing communication
- Skill with Python and the PyData stack (e.g. numpy, matplotlib, pandas, scikit-learn, dask)
- Experience with AWS or a comparable public cloud, including some experience with object stores (e.g. AWS S3), machine learning services (e.g. SageMaker, EMR), and virtual machines (e.g. EC2).
- Experience applying parallelization to machine learning
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience
- Stock options in early-stage venture poised for scale
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited paid time off (with enforced 3 week minimum)
- Parental leave plans
- 100% remote
- Open culture with a strong preference for asynchronous communication and respect for work / life boundaries.
Our mission is to transform the businesses of our customers by making data science faster. Saturn provides a powerful data science platform for teams to build and manage data products. We make data scientists happier and their businesses more successful. For more information, visit www.saturncloud.io.