Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies and investors, and we believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency and digital experiences, and we provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
About the job
Spruce is looking for a hands-on Data Science Leader to build towards our vision of creating a one-click checkout for real estate transactions. You will lead a growing team of data scientists and data engineers in development of new underwriting techniques and machine learning-driven automation. You’ll report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with the VP of Product and our underwriting experts to deliver meaningful software features that enable the success of our clients and Ops teams.
What you'll do
- Be a thoughtful and supportive leader, building rewarding reporting relationships with our team of high-performing data analysts and scientists
- Lead our team of data scientists helping create a one-click checkout for real estate transactions
- Focus and guide the work of our data team to meet our goals as a business
- Research and build predictive models and tools that will help Spruce succeed, now and in the future
- Grow trusting relationships with key stakeholders across the organization to build thoughtfully for the team’s internal customers
What we're looking for
- Proven experience growing a high-performance team of both early- and mid-career contributors
- Experience in data preparation, model development, evaluation, and implementation of machine learning models
- Experience delivering alongside software developers to deliver meaningful features towards a product roadmap
- Experience in developing automated IT or ML tools to increase process efficiency
- Minimum of two years management experience supporting a Data Science team
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.
Read Full Job Description