Head of Market Research
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and creating content of actionable, commercial insights through presentations, whitepapers and other output that positions VTS as the dominant voice in the industry and market
- May provide content support to leadership in order to assist in representing VTS’ perspectives on property and market dynamics in a specific sector or geography.
- Communicate data excellence and insights via traditional reporting products and the use of advanced data visualization tools
- Partner with brokerage leaders to contribute to business development efforts and grow the business
- Contribute to client presentations by covering market intelligence, trends, and statistics
- Acts as an active participation to support new business development initiatives
- Keep track and inform brokerage leaders of local and national commercial real estate news
- Provides analytical and collection support for global, regional and local research initiatives as needed
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, management, media, real estate associations, clients—by providing relevant insights on market conditions and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years professional experience
- Demonstrated passion in real estate with a strong commitment to learning micro- and macro-level market dynamics
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in complex situations. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must have a commercial mindset. Able to identify trends and think about the market in innovative ways. Can translate ideas into thoughtful deliverables that differentiate VTS, our professionals and our products.
- A strong understanding of research fundamentals. Knowledge of how to apply research and data analytics expertise to benefit our brand and core businesses.
- Strong quantitative skill-set with ability to identify new insights and trends through data analytics
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients
- Ability to effectively prepare information for presentation by others at events and to clients.
- Team player. Able to work across Marketing, PR, Research, Operations and local and national leadership to achieve collective goals and create exponential results.
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned project tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
- VTS clubs including rock climbing, skiing, baking, board-games, surfing, softball and more