Health Informaticist at Flatiron Health
We have an exciting opening for a Health Informaticist to accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining logical data models that power OncoEMR and Flatiron’s suite of related products. Your contributions will help to accelerate Flatiron’s ability to develop data driven solutions for Community Oncology Practitioners.
This position will partner closely with the Clinical, Design, Engineering, and Product teams to leverage critical healthcare data within clinical workflows, ensuring inherent interoperability and the proper linking of data elements. In addition, you'll also:
- Drive the design and development of logical data models that power Flatiron’s suite of Community Oncology facing products
- Utilize industry best practices to encode healthcare data to ensure interoperability of data elements
- Work collaboratively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of engineers, clinicians, product managers, and designers to facilitate the integration of logical data models into complex EHR workflows
- Proactively identify and highlight opportunities for informatics involvement early in product development
- Maintain active involvement in industry groups (EHRA, AMIA, HL7, etc.) to identify emerging best practices and bring to Flatiron opportunities for transformative changes
- Ability to communicate how effective and efficient storage, translation, and utilization of linked healthcare data can transform the patient and clinician experience
The Health Informatics team is responsible for improving the integrity and use of patients’ health data with a focus on the point of care by leveraging and applying industry standards. Utilizing such standards, the team works from ingestion through the end-user experience to ensure safe, effective, and accurate transmission of healthcare data.
Who You Are
You are an Informaticist with a deep understanding of EHR development, logical data modeling, and/or clinical decision support. You likely have a clinical background with strong technical ability. You are able to work effectively in a highly cross-functional environment. You have a passion for healthcare data, are kind and collaborative, and are excited to have the chance to build a logical data model from the ground up.
- You have 5+ years of informatics experience, preferably with an EHR data modeling background
- You have the ability to translate standards and interoperability concepts to an audience of non-informaticists (engineers, clinicians)
- You have an understanding of general healthcare related data elements
- You have a strong understanding of FHIR R4 standards (as well as earlier versions HL7v2, v3) and understand their impact on today’s healthcare landscape
- You have excellent command of technology to allow deep understanding of data
- You are self-motivated and able to identify areas of opportunity and deliver high-value contributions
- You have genomic data linking and translation experience
- You have an understanding of oncology-specific data elements
- You have strong ties to industry informatics groups (AMIA, HL7, etc.)
- You have a clinical background (MD/DO, NP, PA)
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You will be at the forefront of developing new and innovative technology with the goal of expanding personalized care to more patients, including access to both clinical trial opportunities and novel therapies.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.