Healthcare Data Terminologist – Veeva Data Cloud at Crossix
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:18 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Crossix is a health-focused technology company dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Crossix, a Veeva Company, provides our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Crossix knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Crossix is headquartered in midtown Manhattan with opportunities to work in our NYC office and other locations around the country. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in opportunities for professional development and career growth, and provide other amenities like a beautiful rooftop, team bonding activities, etc.
As the Healthcare Data Terminologist on Veeva Data Cloud, you will help drive the design, build and execution of terminology libraries from the ground up for our new suite of Health Data Products. You’ll focus on understanding and improving existing sources, curating new assets, and identifying gaps in our data to drive continuous improvement.
You are passionate about healthcare data and terminologies, have a master’s degree or equivalent work experience in healthcare informatics, public health, and/or hands-on experience with organizing, curating, and managing health data ontologies and mappings. Ideally, you also have experience working with medication data, ontology management systems, and working in a corporate setting.
You are incredibly detail-oriented, sometimes called a perfectionist even, and care deeply about the quality of your work. You like to investigate, dig in, and find solutions to problems.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health care data and excited to bring that knowledge to a scalable set of data products.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a subject matter expert, support, and manage use of standard clinical terminologies (ex. ICD, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, NUCC Taxonomy codes, etc.)
- Map between and across standard and proprietary terminologies
- Own and operate an ontology/terminology management system
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Developers, and Product Managers to design and build a systematic and scalable approach to managing reference data and mappings.
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging terminology
- Understand the business needs and end users, and communicate changes and improvements to your “customers”
- Design approach to quantify quality of terminology/reference data sources
- Work in the details for ongoing clean-up and enrichment to drive continuous improvement
What You've Done
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare terminologies
- Knowledge of Industry Standard code sets such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC, RXNORM, and LOINC
- Experience in managing medication terminologies
- Experience with terminology management systems such as Wolters Kluwer HLI, Clinical Architecture’s Symedical, Apelon’s DTS, or similar
- Experience with terminology browsers and authoring tools
- Experience in (proprietary) concept creation based on accepted healthcare informatics and ontology practices
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience in designing transformations, mappings and working with reference tables
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- Detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and self-discipline
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience working with raw healthcare data (ex. Medical or prescription claims data, EMR data)
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Experience working with an agile-based team
- PharmD (or other clinical background)
- Masters degree in a health informatics, health information management, or equivalent work experience
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
If this role and our exciting company culture seem appealing to you, please apply! We want to continue to grow our diverse team of hardworking and humble people who are passionate about their work. We hope that’s you!