Insights Analyst at Cedar
Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Data Science team is in charge of making sense of the vast amount of data we have available to help achieve our company’s vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform business decisions and the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making, both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
Cedar is growing rapidly and the demand for analytics is increasing exponentially along with our recent growth. We’re seeking an Insights Analyst on our Data Science team to work with our client-facing teams and help them extract valuable, actionable insights from data. The work that the Insights Analyst does will help both internal and external teams better understand Cedar’s product, performance, and identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
You will work closely with our clients and client-facing teams to understand their data needs, perform impactful and actionable data analysis, and effectively communicate the results of your analyses. We are looking for an independent and analytical thinker who will be comfortable working with ambiguous questions and presenting technical concepts.
- Identify data-driven insights and recommendations to help our teams and clients address business needs
- Partner closely with the Client Growth and Product teams to provide tools and scope projects that can empower data-driven decision making
- Generate dashboards and reports using our business intelligence tools to surface data insights
- Present and clearly communicate data findings and underlying methodology to stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Write SQL and/or Python queries when needed for analyses
- Help develop and standardize methods and processes with which the Data Science team can scale and enable internal teams to gain access to data insights
- Understand the mechanics of Cedar’s platform and our data models
Skills and Experience:
- An analytical mindset and passion for finding opportunities and insights within data
- Strong organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a passion for breaking down and understanding complex systems
- Interest in exposure to clients in the healthcare industry, growing with our company and team, and helping establish processes
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in an analytical role
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Encompass Cedar’s core values: mission driven, no mediocrity, use good judgement, positivity
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020 (Up from 50,000 in January)
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Insights Analyst who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.