Insurance Operations Analyst, Workers' Compensation at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Insurance Operations Analyst will help manage the day-to-day operations of Justworks’ Workers Compensation team. They will support customer requests related to Justworks’ workers’ compensation policy, ensure workers’ comp coverage for customers, and help manage records between Justworks and our carriers, vendors, and state workers’ compensation bureaus. This position will work to evaluate workers’ compensation insurance risks, working closely with the Underwriting, Customer Support, and Licensing teams at Justworks. You have no issue with doing what needs to be done in troubleshooting, addressing, and escalating emerging issues. You’re successful in working independently to meet deadlines, and can also collaborate cross functionally within the organization and with third party vendors. You are a champion of analyzing, lateral thinking, and problem solving.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Resolve Workers Comp inquiries generated by Justworks’ Customer Success team by reaching out to appropriate state agencies, internal Justworks teams, and carrier
- Evaluate customer records to create workers’ comp policies for new locations and underwrite new employee class codes in customers’ workforce
- Execute day-to-day operations for the Workers Compensation Program at Justworks, including the master policy and Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC).
- Prepare and remit timely and accurate reports to carriers and state agencies, including, but not limited to payroll, premium, and customer validation.
- Perform true ups of data to validate Justworks customer information with carrier records
- Work with third party vendors to resolve escalated issues - re-underwriting, classifications, coverage issues.
- Collect customer data and other sensitive information through proprietary systems to report business operations and risk profile to the carrier.
- Identify pain points in workers’ comp operations. Remediate issues by either creating and maintaining operations tools or working with product and engineering to correct.
- Maintain vendor and internal partner SLAs
- Create and maintain queries to pull data from Justworks' client book, including but not limited to class codes, customer locations, salaries and fees, job titles, policy effective dates.
- Collect and report KPI metrics on a weekly, monthly and yearly cadence
- Assist with large projects such as renewal of workers’ compensation renewals, audits, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As an Insurance Operations Associate, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excel and/or SQL knowledge required
- Experience with workers compensation or Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Extremely detail-oriented with great time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working cross-functionally
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment