The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Internal Controls, Senior Analyst to join our growing team! You will partner with Accounting, Financial Systems, Engineering, Legal, HR and Leadership to execute an internal controls strategy for Squarespace’s fast-paced, high growth business.
The Internal Controls, Senior Analyst will be a proactive member of the finance team with a strong background and track record of assessing and improving control environments as well as project management of key internal controls initiatives. You should be comfortable in driving outcomes and managing processes with cross functional teams as well as providing solutions to complex issues. This role reports into the Head of Internal Controls in New York.
- Drive and monitor key internal controls projects and work with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful and timely delivery
- Represent Internal Controls and foster a risk and controls culture
- Assist the Internal Controls Leads in designing, executing and maintaining an effective internal control environment over financial reporting with a focus on IT general controls for financial systems
- Ensure risk assessment and control frameworks are in place, and running effectively and efficiently
- Create and maintain internal control narratives, flowcharts, system diagrams and risk matrices
- Support the Internal Controls Leads in identifying key business and technology risks and mitigation strategies
- Track remediation and testing to completion and ensure recommendations for control improvements are executed
- Perform control testing to address audit assertions, as needed
- 5+ years of experience in internal controls, internal and/or external audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CIA, CISA and/or CPA preferred
- Excellent project, organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 and COBIT frameworks
- Proven experience implementing IT general controls
- Proven ability to execute controls and audit strategies to drive results
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and displays a high energy level
- Strong prioritization and process improvement skills
- Effective communication skills is a must!
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.