Inventory Planner at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Role:
As a Planner on our fashion team, you will be responsible for creating, operationalizing and maintaining inventory plans. You will be accountable for maintaining and driving optimal inventory levels by category and channel to maximize ROI. You will report to the Planning Director and work cross-functionally with Analytics, Buying, Site Merchandising, Operations, and Finance. The ideal candidate is curious, comfortable working with complex data and energized by having a direct impact on growth.
What You'll Do:
This role will be responsible for several key company initiatives across inventory planning, including:
- Ownership of inventory forecasting to support Operations, Growth/Marketing, and Finance and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with key business functions to strategically plan and model growth to guide inventory needs and assumptions
- Analyze inventory performance, perform data visualizations, and regularly communicate findings to Merchandising teams
- Partner with Inventory Analytics team to ensure actionable analysis is performed to improve Buying team’s understanding of and ability to improve key metrics
- Partner with planning and operations team to ensure processes are optimized and we are driving innovation to improve ROI
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in Planning, Consulting, Analytics or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in SQL and Tableau
- Understanding of financial metrics and concepts
- Planning and organizational skills
- Comfortable making decisions and recommendations grounded in data
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve inventory issues through objective analysis and planning
- Ability to work with limited resources and collaborate cross-functionally with different departments
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize across a diverse workload with strong project management skills/discipline to meet set deadlines
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.