Graphika empowers the world to understand and navigate the Cybersocial Terrain. We create large-scale, in-depth maps of social media landscapes and conversations to discover how communities form online and how influence and information flow within large scale networks. Our interdisciplinary team uses our unique, patented set of technologies and tools to create and apply new, rigorous analytical methods to answer difficult questions about online conversations.
About the Role
Graphika seeks an enthusiastic and persistent online social movements investigator and analyst to join the team. This investigator/analyst will collaborate with our League of Extraordinary Analysts and Investigators to identify, investigate, analyze, and report on a variety of online movements and networks. We're looking for a multilingual OSINT expert who loves the art of the investigation and is like a dog with a bone when it comes to finding the "nugget" in a sea of assets and information. They're a great communicator who can write and edit their own reports as well as collaborate on all team reports and publications.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The best candidates for this role will fluently read at least two languages other than English, with at least one of those languages being Modern Standard Arabic or Mandarin Chinese. They will have extensive OSINT experience and will have designed and executed investigative workflows that are easily adopted by others. They are humble and kind, but are comfortable calling out teammates in order to get to the best result.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead in-depth and rigorous investigations on information operations and disinformation campaigns, using OSINT techniques to extensively analyze, build and attribute sets of online assets..
- Proactively identify global disinformation threats, investigate specific threat actors, report on assets linked to those threat actors
- Write and synthesize outputs for clients, partners and publication
- Comfortable analyzing/aggregating and deriving insight from larger social media datasets (Excel required, python/R preferred).
- Utilize open source / custom code as appropriate for analytical objectives and investigations
- Experience communicating quantitative analytical results and outputs to non-technical audiences.
- Academic background in or deep understanding of online movements
- Strong written communication skills, including experience writing and editing research reports
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods, including analysis of case studies, ethnography, and narrative analysis.
- All locations considered. Work will begin remotely regardless of location until COVID-19 is contained.
- Experience working for/with major Silicon Valley companies (Trust and Safety, Threat Intelligence, Investigations) a strong plus.