IT Business Analyst, Retail IT at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Business Analyst to support a collaborative and proactive partnership between Enterprise Technology and the Retail business, acting both as a trusted business advocate and a key member of the IT team. Specifically this role will support the Retail Technology Leadership team. You will gather requirements and information across the organization and ensure follow up and updates are accurate and documented. You should feel comfortable analyzing, diagnosing and influencing IT process problems, while developing business requirements for strategic projects and new solutions.
Note: You will work remotely until Peloton offices reopen. This role will be based in the New York Headquarters, Plano Headquarters or Santa Clara Office. When Peloton offices reopen, you may travel from time to time to other Peloton locations for meetings or other collaboration; this travel is expected to be infrequent.
- Fulfill tasks set out in order to maintain Retail Technology Roadmap Plan
- Drive operational and programmatic improvements to 100% complete
- Raise opportunities for IT to interact with and provide value to the business; advocate to IT on behalf of the business
- Encourage the business and enable them to articulate their function’s needs and requirements for IT
- Support organizational change management to ensure smooth deployment of IT processes and services
- Attend, drive discussion and take minutes for meetings
- Track, communicate, and status on IT objectives at the line of business level
- Develop reports, provide analytics, and lead presentations for business stakeholders
- Interface effectively with all IT teams
- Research new initiatives for Retail stakeholders
- Champion IT processes, including change management, knowledge management, project intake, roadmapping, prioritization, and service transition
- Antiracism and Inclusivity: Peloton has made a commitment to to antiracism
- Actively contribute to creating a more inclusive culture and environment at Peloton
- Actively endorse, create, and maintain antiracist policies and processes
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- We’re a high-growth company, and our processes are in various states of maturity
- We regularly assess the state of the department, the business, and the company, and determine what processes (and levels of process maturity) are needed for us to reach current and future objectives - you will play a large role in surfacing opportunities and gaps, making decisions, and implementing changes
- We firmly believe in conducting retrospectives and driving managed, continuous, improvement - you will facilitate many of these and are expected to facilitate and participate in an open and constructive dialogue
- We’re doing a lot really fast - you may be asked to flex outside of your role from time to time
- You have:
- 2+ years IT experience
- Basic understanding of software engineering and technical infrastructure
- Basic meeting facilitation skills
- Proficient interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- A strong sense of accountability and personal ownership
- A flexible (whether proactive or reactive, as the situation requires) approach to change
- Are a connector, orchestrator, and navigator between the business and IT
- Consistently operate above the line
- Are able to work effectively in a variety of situations
- Are forward-looking and thoughtful
- Are compassionate to both the needs and situations of the business and of IT
- Are a strong listener with the ability to deeply understand, ask the right questions, and proactively pursue constructive feedback
- Communicate articulately and effectively
- Are capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Understand waterfall and agile development processes
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email applicantaccommo[email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.