Junior Analyst at CB Insights
Love using data to answer novel business questions? Thrive working across teams to discover insights and drive action? Looking to accelerate your analytics career in a high-growth environment? This role is for you.Great fit:
- You love to dig through data to understand how things work.
- You’re excited to push boundaries, dive into uncharted territory to discover new insights, work with new tools, and learn/grow.
- You’re a great partner to less technical business users - asking meaningful questions, succinctly explaining technical concepts, and helping teams learn to self-serve their analytics needs.
- You are curious about business questions and how data/analysis can be used to drive results.
- Execute analysis and make data-driven recommendations for key projects/strategies, both on long-term and ad-hoc projects.
- Partner with teams to answer unstructured business questions. Includes scoping needs, running queries/analysis, presenting results and building ongoing reporting where needed.
- Improve and expand reporting & dashboards used throughout CBI. Includes working on automated, scalable, clear deliverables that track company performance and drive action.
- Push CBI’s data-driven culture to the next level through continued education and ability to apply statistical methodologies to analysis
- Identify inconsistencies in data and analytical approaches, seek out root causes, propose and implement improvements
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting/analyses
- Educate non-technical uses
- Analyze, forecast, and build reporting for key performance metrics. Present analysis of these metrics to senior stakeholders.
- Manage Looker instance and support business users.
- Support large-scale, cross-team analytics and data infrastructure projects. Includes project management support, evaluating data sources & technical solutions, and communicating findings/progress.
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting, involving large datasets and multiple data sources, with ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights.
- Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume data from varying sources.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative/analytical role, preferably for an internet or technology company.
- Experience in using tools like Tableau/Looker for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn quickly and adopt new tools.
- Ability to execute analytics projects, and generate practical results and recommendations, based on open-ended questions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable succinctly explaining analysis and technical topics to executive audience and non-technical users.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Proven ability to partner effectively with internal teams to identify needs and deliver accurate, scalable, actionable analysis.
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match (match eligible after first year)
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!