Knowledge Base Manager at Haven Life
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We're a MassMutual-owned company with a new product that started in 2016. We are looking for someone to enhance and revamp our virtual knowledge base so customers will actively seek our online, self-directed, learning portal because of the immense value the portal provides. To create such an environment, you will need to fully understand what drives customer behavior to self-serve, the customer experience, frequently asked questions and common issues.
Although you don’t need the technical knowledge depth of a Developer Support Engineer, you need to be tech-savvy and interested in the DevOps world and jargon. You also need to be creative, proactive, have a bunch of ideas about how to improve our KB infrastructure and architecture and excited about the purpose of content serving knowledge. An output of your creativity and content creation/curation should be an active reduction in customer support center calls and an environment that shows active engagement.
Individuals must be able to format articles, content, videos and the like so that they appear in a professional manner on Zendesk's Guide site. Must be proficient in writing in US English. We plan on having 200-300 articles by the end of the year 2020, so you are expected to edit/write about 1-2 articles a day. You will be gathering information on the articles from communications with our developers, from reviewing tickets, listening to voice calls, and testing our software. The job would involve reformatting existing documents into Zendesk Guide as well as creating your own documents.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of direct experience in a similar position
- Create standards and best practices for writing and publishing processes
- Redesign customer care's current knowledge base content and enhance Covepath’s end-user web support experience
- Work with subject matter experts to develop content that addresses customer needs
- Document customer support policy and procedures
- Develop ideas on optimizing our knowledge base content (adding video casts, engaging landing pages, etc.)
- Contribute to creating internal documentation for training and agent job aid reference
- Proven project management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Content Management experience preferably from a SAAS company in the
- Life insurance industry experience
- Experience building knowledge base solution with Zendesk Guide
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.