Our business runs on data! We are building a first-of-its-kind platform for rental real estate — simplifying the experience of investing in real estate and renting a home. Our software is being built for users that range from large scale organizations owning thousands of rental homes, to individual rental home investors, to all of the various user types who search for, reside in, or service all of those homes. Because each of those user types possess unique data requirements, we source our data from many 3rd party systems, transform it, pipe it into our data model, and then utilize it within our own proprietary property management experience that is unlike any other.
We are delivering cutting edge ‘green field’ technology to a notoriously technology-starved industry. We ingest troves of public real estate data, but that data comes to us in entirely different shapes and sizes. As a senior data engineer at Great Jones, you will help us to bring order to the chaos by applying best-in-class transformation and data modeling principles so we can deliver a modern technology experience the real estate market has not yet seen.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who thinks in data. Someone who is passionate about figuring out how to persist, ingest, and share real-world information in optimal ways. If that sounds like you, we should talk!
- Ingest and aggregate data from internal and external data sources to build our world-class datasets
- Build distributed, low latency, reliable data pipelines
- Own our data models and data pipelines
- Ensuring the availability and timely delivery of data, company-wide
- Model new data sets and craft all-new ETL workflows and pipelines
- Mentor and guide your junior colleagues
- Define and own our companies data strategies
- A primary contributor to our architectural and infrastructural vision primarily in the context of data movement and storage
- Maintain a single version of truth for our data and work with others to implement continuous integration (CI) data quality tests
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- You have built and operated data pipelines for real customers in production systems
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Proficient in one or more relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Expertise integrating disparate 3rd party systems with both custom integrations and off-the-shelf tools such as Fivetran
- Enjoy building new products from scratch, not just improving existing ones. You’ve thrived in similar situations in the past.
- Interested in working with serverless technology stacks
- Successful in an agile work environment, breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills
- Knowledgeable about data warehouse technologies such as Redshift
- Knowledgeable with regards to data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledgeable with regards to distributed systems as it pertains to data storage
- Familiar with Python or a similar programming language
- Experience with AWS is a plus