Lead Data Scientist - elovee at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is launching a stealth startup focused on developing technology to improve day-to-day care of seniors with dementia. We are bringing together a cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, product designers, engineers, business strategists, user-centered designers, and memory care experts to build groundbreaking tech to address a growing market of over 50 million seniors with memory diagnoses worldwide.
The Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for developing, executing, and overseeing the day-to-day management of the company’s data science team focused on personalization. Additionally, alongside the product and engineering teams, you will have a role in shaping the product. This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products, and capabilities that drive business growth
- Build innovative data products (e.g., real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate and nurture strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders
- Help recruit and build a team of data scientists
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
You should have:
- M.S. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- 5+ years of experience building production-ready machine learning systems
- Background in deep learning and natural language processing
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning, Data Science, and Deep Neural Networks
- Fluency with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, C++, or Scala
- Good understanding of CS Fundamentals (Algorithms, Data Structures, Graph Theory, etc.)
- Experience leading and managing a team of data scientists
- Experience delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Experience working with GPUs to develop models, Big Data and Fast Data (i.e. real time streaming)
- Knowledge of Linux-based OS and experience modeling on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.