Lead Data Scientist
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a Lead Data Scientist in the newly created data office. This role will report to the CTO and Cofounder and will be an integral part in helping Collibra’s rapid growth and our thought leading position in data intelligence.
This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position and requires a passion for data, and a capability to turn data into insights, decisions and actions. You’ll set the example of what it means to be a data scientist, both inside of Collibra as well as outside. You’ll be a mentor to others in our internal data and analytics community.
You work well with people across teams - especially on difficult business challenges. You probably work even better with all sorts of data, analytics and AI/ML technology - especially to solve those challenges. You are always curious about new technology because it may offer a better, faster solution and also because you want to stay ahead of the curve. You are excited to promote an insights-driven data culture.
In this position, you are a key stakeholder in the company’s data strategy and its implementation to generate value from data. You’ll be responsible for building and operationalizing data products (from data collection, cleaning, preprocessing, to training models and running them in production). The ideal candidate knows that data needs to marry math, and can communicate across the business to understand challenges and share solutions.
As an expert you’ll help move the needle on Collibra’s thought leading position by authoring whitepapers, speaking at events, and engaging with customers to help lead them in the right “digital” direction.
A day in the life of a Data Scientist at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Co-Founder & CTO, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Delivering data products, from end to end, starting from identification (e.g., collaborating with business leaders in product, engineering, sales, finance, …) of opportunities, data collection, and training on the models, to deployment and maintenance of the data product in production.
- Working with large and complex data sets; solving difficult data analysis problems by applying advanced analytics methods as needed.
- Delivering compelling data-driven solutions that provide users with key insights when they need it, and where they need it.
- Communicating findings to technical collaborators, and business stakeholders through storytelling.
- Serving as a go-to expert in a data-related sub-domain and provide actionable feedback as part of data science experiment peer reviews.
- Mentoring more junior data-scientists one to one, through peer reviews and academic guidance
- Significant experience applying machine learning to real business problems.
- MS or PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, or other work in a highly quantitative field.
- 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, analysis, or predictive software development
- Fluency with cloud-based data infrastructures (AWS, Azure, or GCP), SQL/Python/R/Julia/..., Spark, and Dashboarding (e.g. Tableau).
- Backend programming experience in one or more languages.
- The inherent ability to explain complex ideas and algorithms in understandable ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with business stakeholders to understand requirements, and present findings and recommendations that demonstrate values
- Experience writing data pipelines and working with time series analysis are a plus.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package