Lead Product Data Scientist at Stash (Remote)
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Scientist to support our Customer Acquisition and Growth teams by driving impact through improved decision making and championing a data-informed, customer-centric culture at Stash. This is an exciting opportunity to design and implement innovative data products that will positively impact the lives of our customers by empowering them with the tools they need to build wealth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use expertise in statistical modeling, causal inference, machine learning, etc to shape the future of customer acquisition and growth at Stash
- Own data science frameworks that guide the product and marketing roadmap, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions that the whole team can be proud of and learn from
- Build and iterate on data products that empower teams across the company to make objective decisions with data. Identify opportunities to automate analyses to build for the future so work done today can be done faster tomorrow.
- Perform proactive data analysis to identify strategic levers to drive the business forward and communicate actionable insights and recommendations to key partners
- Mentor, lead and develop junior team members. Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value by focusing on the highest impact projects and determining how much effort to spend on solving them
- Influence best practices, drive process improvement, and contribute positively to an inclusive team culture
What we expect from you:
- You are passionate about helping everyday Americans realize their financial goals and build wealth
- You have 5+ years of data science experience in a similar role, managing a team and solving high impact business problems in the customer acquisition and growth space
- Extensive knowledge of Python and SQL
- You have overseen the development of data products from discovery stage into production which have a positive impact on the business
- You can balance multiple work streams and are able to use ambiguity as an opportunity for high level thinking
- Significant experience extracting insights from large data sets and crafting data narratives to effectively communicate complex concepts to influence action
- You contribute to a strong culture of mentorship and inclusion, advocating for teammates while fostering responsibility and accountability
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
Salary Range: $159k - $236k
The base salary range represents the reasonably anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience and competencies, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data for companies of our size and industry.
**No recruiters, please**