Learning Architect at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Learning Architect’s role includes two main functions: LMS Administrator and Course Developer
LMS Administrator responsibilities:
- Manage and architect the learning management system; including, enroll learners into courses, running reports, creating learning paths, scheduling instructor-led courses and webinars, coordinating certifications, and other essential systems-related maintenance.
- Manage the course library and monitor for out-of-date material.
- Work with HRIS to ensure user data is accurate and up to date.
- Optimize the functionality of the LMS to achieve high user engagement and satisfaction.
Course Developer responsibilities:
- Partner with various stakeholders and L&D team members to build learning plans
- Build courses using rapid eLearning development tools.
- Test and QA web-based courses prior to deployment.
- Use course evaluation metrics to help identify performance gaps.
- Provide thought leadership and a diverse perspective on how Cityblock can deliver best-in-class learning experiences for its employees.
Requirements for the Role:
- Ability to design and develop training content for adult learners
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, able to chart a path through complex, cross-functional work
- You are deeply data-driven and outcomes oriented look
- You have a minimum of two years experience with Docebo or other Learning Management Systems such as Saba, Cornerstone OnDemand, or other
- You have familiarity with rapid eLearning development tools such as Articulate 360 and Adobe Captivate
- You have worked in a high-growth startup environment with a strong operating capability
- You are a highly collaborative team player
How We Define Success:
- Increased user engagement
- User data is accurate and kept up to date
- Enhances advanced features within the LMS
- Upload courses without errors
- Accurately identify issues with courses during the QA process
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with highly-distributed workforces in a tech-enabled environment
- Product management / technology build experience
- Experience within a value-based healthcare environment
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.