Lease Administration Analyst
About Compass — Compass is a real estate technology company building a single platform that supports the entire home buying and selling process. We deliver an incomparable experience to both agents and their clients all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Our Technology — Compass is building the infrastructure, data and technology on which the future of the real estate industry will operate. Compass’ platform integrates listings, client and transaction data all in one place, giving agents personalized recommendations and insights on how to better serve their clients.
Our Investors — Compass has raised $1.2 billion in financing to date. In its most recent round, Compass secured $400 million in Series F funding led by the Softbank Vision Fund and Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), with participation from Wellington, IVP and Fidelity. Now valued at $4.4B. Compass investors have backed the most promising technology companies in the world including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Airbnb, WeWork, Uber and Lyft.
What you will do
- Experience with detailed reviews of commercial real estate lease documents including amendments, notices, commencement date agreements, Estoppel Certificates & SNDAs.
- Abstract lease information into Visual Lease database according to internal procedures and proofread for accuracy.
- Communicate with internal Expansion Team to resolve issues with missing lease documentation and/or dates, renewals and options.
- Maintain and update schedule of Compass office locations upon receipt of new lease documents and confirm all Landlord information has been added to Accounts Payables database to ensure smooth rent payment process.
- Mange all landlord and other lease-related vendors to ensure current records are on file, including landlord and vendor addresses and payment changes, ownership transfers and changes in contact information.
- Assist with the monthly rent payment process including entering invoices into NetSuite and track account receivable payment activity for all subleases.
- Perform audits on landlord year-end reconciliation statements, including Operating Expenses and Real Estate Taxes
- Generate and distribute various ad-hoc real estate related reports for Legal or other parties, as needed; correspond with Landlords to resolve any inquires and account related questions.
- Track and maintain schedule of TI Allowances and work with third party to ensure reimbursement in accordance with the lease documents.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of lease administration/lease database experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an advanced understanding of lease language and ability abstract lease documents with high degree of detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Visual Lease helpful but not required
Why Compass / We’re bringing together the world’s sharpest, most creative professionals across real estate, engineering, business, marketing, as design.
Opportunity / We’re building the modern brokerage by bringing together the world’s brightest professionals across real estate, technology, business, and design. Be a part of this remarkable journey.
Culture / Collaborate daily with other proven talents in a dynamic office environment with a strong community spirit.
Diversity / At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Benefits / Enjoy premium health insurance, gym and tuition reimbursement, team events, and fun extras.