M&A and Activism Analyst at Reorg
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:32 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks, consultants and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg is currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our dynamic team. In this hybrid data analyst/editorial role, you will be responsible for managing and analyzing M&A and shareholder activism data. You will work closely with senior representatives across our organization from technology to commercial to develop analysis, create new datasets and drive adoption of existing offerings
Reporting to our Senior Editor you’ll have the opportunity to join a team of thought leaders bringing and adding value to a product our clients are excited to receive.
- Manage Reorg‘s M&A and activism data and drive client adoption
- Contribute to editorial output via data analysis and introducing new ideas about data presentation and visualization
- Take charge of a corporate governance-related analysis that pulls data from proxy statements, registers and bylaws published twice a week
- Partner with data science to develop an activism database leveraging machine learning and promote its understanding internally and externally
- Bring new ideas to the table whether it may be new database worth building or new content worth publishing
- Develop a M&A data roadmap based on client meetings and feedback analysis
- Liaise with senior leaders across the organization to improve and promote the data roadmap, which includes frequent meetings with sales, marketing, product and tech reps, as well as conversations with subscribers
- 3+ years of working as an analyst within an M&A and/or activism team of a fund, advisory firm or market intelligence provider
- Strong understanding of M&A transactions such as sale auctions, spin-offs, LBOs, and of dynamics surrounding activist campaigns
- Excellent Excel skills and proven ability to organize data in efficient way
- Experience in delivering results through cross-team collaboration, which comes with strong communication and relationship skills
- Acquaintance with SEC filings, particularly with form types associated with M&A, activism, significant corporate matters, and corporate governance
- Good quantitative analytical and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to build databases, experience working with data science teams and knowledge of corporate governance data are considered pluses
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details, nothing is too small for you in an intense growth-oriented environment
- Someone who likes math and connects dots between analytical outputs and the stories they tell
- High performance standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description