Are you excited by turning unstructured data into actionable insights and recommendations? Then this opportunity is for you!
Bodhala is looking to add a talented and motivated Machine Learning Engineer to our growing technology team! As a data scientist, you will collaborate with product managers and domain experts to develop new capabilities and features for Bodhala's products. We need a person who can work hands-on as an engineer, solving complex problems and building advanced software systems.
We are committed to using data to drive impact, growing together as a team, embracing openness and positivity - and we're looking for individuals who are motivated by those same principles.
- Partner with product management and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle to solve "full stack" Data Science problems
- Develop creative and analytically driven solutions using advanced statistical and mathematical science techniques such as machine learning/AI, mathematical modeling, statistical analysis
- Document data pipelines, transformations and model details necessary for repeatable outcomes
- Comfortable with responsibly handling sensitive personal and corporate data
- Working closely with and mentoring teammates
- You’ve spent 3-4 years in a data science role
- Excellent communication skills
- Background in machine learning and statistical analysis
- You are exciting to solve complex problems building advanced software systems.
- You adapt quickly to utilize software engineering best practices
- You demonstrate the ability to deliver quality software collaboratively
Experts are of course welcome, non-experts are also encouraged to apply! We're all here to learn.
- Experience with Python, Julia or R
- Experience with SciKit Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, Numpy and Pandas
- Knowledge and experience with NLP technology
Why work at Bodhala
At Bodhala, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
- You will have a lot of responsibility, the ability to make an immediate direct impact, and many opportunities to advance your career.
- You will get first-hand experience of working for a well-funded early stage startup.
- Your dedication, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued.
- You will work with a team of extremely smart and talented people who value collaboration and hard work.
- We offer great benefits – best-in-class health, dental and vision coverage, a 401K match (with no required vesting period), a generous parental leave policy, commuter and fitness subsidies, an FSA program, and more!
- Competitive compensation, including a Long Term Incentive Plan.
Bodhala is a legal spend management platform founded to provide in-house counsel and their legal operations teams with spend optimization solutions and real-time market intelligence. Bodhala’s platform applies data science, machine-learning, and AI to help companies find the right lawyer, at the right firm, for the right price. Founded by attorneys, the company serves customers across the Fortune 500 and critical services economy industries. Bodhala was recently named One to Watch in Legal Technology by the Financial Times and Legal Tech Innovation of 2020 by Legal Tech Breakthrough Awards.
Headquartered in New York City, Bodhala tripled its headcount last year and is positioned for continued fast-paced growth, with locations across the United States and in Europe.
Bodhala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.