Vimeo is looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to join our ML Research team. Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video enthusiasts around the globe.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on developing, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models to help support and enhance the capabilities of various teams across Vimeo. Whether it’s targeting users for marketing, improving quality-of-experience in playback, or enabling visual classification of all videos at Vimeo, the Machine
Learning Research team has a wide selection of projects in its future. By applying open-source solutions, or experimenting with creating our own, we’re focused on deploying the latest and greatest in ML across the stack.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build MLOps systems, including data pipelines and production-level machine learning (ML) infrastructure,
- using tools such as Kubeflow Pipelines, Apache Beam, TensorFlow, Kubernetes, TFX. Leverage your experience to
- drive best practices in ML systems and data engineering.
- Bring ML research from Notebooks to production. Deploy ML models under the constraints of scalability, correctness,
- and maintainability, with hardware acceleration techniques. Optimize and give feedback to research-level models to
- bring them to production level.
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of machine learning engineers, video engineers, data engineers, and
- others, in building machine learning infrastructure that best supports the ML needs at Vimeo.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of machine learning product development experience, using state-of-the-art tooling and have a deep understanding of the best practices for ML systems.
- Fluency in using a neural network framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, Theano, or MXNet
- Ability to architect data pipelines using tools like Apache Beam or Spark. You have experience with setting organization wide best practices for data.
- Ability to build APIs and libraries for Java, Scala or Python.
- Concern for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- A keen interest in studying the latest publications in the machine learning community.
- Skilled communication and a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with developing insights and models using unstructured data (like clickstreams), experience with search and recommendation systems (learn-to-rank, collaborative filtering, NLP for search, etc.), scaling Computer Vision models
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs