At HUMAN we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The Machine Learning team at HUMAN is building the ML infrastructure and the models that run behind the scenes and power our bot detection engine. We deploy models at a massive scale (we make >10 trillion decisions every week) that distinguish human activity from automated bots.What you will do:
- Lead and grow a team of machine learning engineers and data scientists.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the detection team to understand the use cases of each group. Define the roadmap and negotiate priorities for the machine learning team.
- Research and develop new machine learning techniques that improve our bot detection efficacy.
- Support the development of machine learning systems that power detection across all of our products including MediaGuard and BotGuard for Applications.
- Participate in building a thoughtful culture that emphasizes lean principles and optimizes for deep work, collaboration and doing the best work of your career.
- You have experience managing teams of machine learning engineers or data scientists.
- You have a proven record of solving hard problems using machine learning at scale.
- You are skilled in all stages of machine learning lifecycle management.
- You are proficient in programming languages and packages that support Data Science and Machine Learning code and pipelines such as Python, Tensorflow, PyTorch, NumPy, SciPy etc.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through thorough experimentation.
- You are open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- You constantly drive for correctness and performance, in that order.
- You reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously.
- Experience in fraud & abuse related problems is a plus.
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.