Imagen enables Primary Care providers to become technology-enabled multispecialty practices, powering a successful transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. Imagen’s comprehensive platform includes in-office diagnostic testing, diagnostic interpretations powered by proprietary FDA-cleared machine learning software, and virtual specialist consults. Imagen’s platform empowers Primary Care providers to achieve healthcare’s quadruple aim of increasing quality, lowering costs, and improving the patient and provider experience.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
We’re looking for an experienced Machine Learning Manager to grow and lead a team of AI research engineers and scientists. Our ideal candidate is a technical expert and a strong leader, able to manage and mentor, drive impactful technical decisions, and make hands-on contributions to the development of our AI-based diagnostic products. This role would be an excellent fit for a seasoned applied researcher, with several years of industry experience in delivering AI-based products.
- Grow and manage a team of AI research engineers and software engineers. You will be a hiring and people manager, responsible for team growth, performance management, and mentorship.
- Own the R&D for multiple large projects end-to-end, with responsibilities ranging from dataset design and rapid prototyping to clinical testing and real-world deployment.
- Partner with product managers and our medical team to understand product needs and translate them into thoughtful R&D decisions and roadmaps.
- Make hands-on contributions to AI R&D, focused on creating leverage for your team.
- Partner with the Chief Science Officer for strategic planning at the organization-level.
- Lead in translating your R&D into validated software medical devices cleared by the FDA, with particular emphasis on supporting our pre-market testing.
- Mission-driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes.
- Prior management and leadership experience growing, mentoring and developing a team effectively. You will be expected to serve as a role model for the AI team.
- Significant experience in real-world applications of deep learning. You can rapidly prototype and evaluate end-to-end deep learning solutions. You don't need to be an expert in healthcare, but it's important to have an understanding of the nuances and tradeoffs involved in bringing AI into high-impact settings.
- Strong communication skills. You will be working with an interdisciplinary team and presenting to external parties, so our ideal candidate is able to distill and articulate complex technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field and 7+ years of industry experience.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.